ON THIS PAGE
Create CloudBees Account
If you do not have an account with CloudBees, you can create one without leaving your Codenvy workspace.
- go to PaaS > CloudBees > Create Account
- check Create new user box and fill in all the required information
If the registration is successful, you will see a confirmation in the Output panel. Your CloudBees account is set up and ready to use.
Please, use a password containing 8+ characters and try to make your domain name unique to avoid unnecessary errors during the registration.
Deploying a New Application CloudBees
Currently, Codenvy supports deployment of Java web applications to CloudBees PaaS. To create an app and deploy it to CloudBees directly from Codenvy, follow this simple workaround:
- create a new project, choose Java Web Application and CloudBees as PaaS (or go to PaaS > CloudBees > Create Application if you have already created one but not yet deployed)
- choose a template and decide if you need to use JRebel
- login to your CloudBees account (it is required at your first login, and for further deployments Codenvy will remember your CloudBees credentials)
- enter your application name and click Finish to proceed
You will see a notification window, and it will take a while for the app to be created and deployed to CloudBees. Once the app is successfully deployed, you will see a message in the Output panel with the application URL on CloudBees.
Updating an Existing CloudBees Application
To update an existing CloudBees application you need to:
- make some changes to the code
- save the file(s)
- add this file to index (Git > Add)
- commit changes (Git > Commit)
- once changes are successfully committed, go to Project > PaaS > CloudBees
- click Update button
- comment on the update, if necessary
You will eventually see a notification in the Output panel on a successful update of your CloudBees application.
Managing CloudBees Applications
To manage your CloudBees applications, go to PaaS > CloudBees > Applications where you can delete the app or view its info.
Click Info button to view information on the app, its ID, title, status, URL etc.