Unfuddle offers Git and Subversion hosting to manage software project online, and Codenvy users can perform all available Git operations, including cloning, pushing, pulling and fetching changes from remote Unfuddle repositories.
SSH Key Confiuguration
First off, it is necessary to configure SSH keys:
- go to Window > Preferences > SSH Keys and press Generate Key button. Enter hostname as:
(no www or https!) and click OK
- the key will appear in the list of SSH keys. Click View and copy the key to clipboard. Make sure you’ve selected and copied the entire key text
- go to your Unfuddle personal settings
- add a new public key
Clone From Unfuddle
The easiest way to migrate your projects to Codenvy is to clone Unfuddle repository with the project’s source code:
- go to File > Import Project > Import From Location
- copy and paste the repository Git URL
- modify project’s name, if appropriate, and click Import
Push to Unfuddle
To push to Unfuddle, you first need to add a remote repository in Codenvy at Git> Remotes > Add (unless it is already there after cloning). Enter the repository name and its SSH Git URL which should look like:
Having added a remote repository, you can push to Unfuddle at Git > Remote > Push. The repository you have just added should appear in the list of remote repositories. For more info see Remote Repositories.